Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Unfortunately I did NOT wink...I should have. By: Sheila

There were these guys who were already sitting down, but I hadn't gotten to wiping down their table so I asked them if I could clean it off for them. They said sure, and I reassured them it was more sanitary. Then we were joking around about how good of a busser I was and I again, jokingly, told them they should leave a note for my supervisor saying that I deserved a raise. (I even explained to them later that you only get a raise if you become a supervisor and that every employee gets a raise every semester they work there. So, here is the note they left (that was extremely embellished and at parts completely made up).

Dear Creamery Grill Manager,
Today my friend Zach and I determined to eat at the grill. We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. Expecting the usual attributes of modern grilling establishments--untimely service, greasy tables, insect infestation--we ordered our burgers apprehensively.As we sat down, however, a young lady named Sheila assuaged our fears as she wiped our table down. Using long, broad strokes, she swiftly decimated the bacteria that could adversely affect our livelihood. "Thank you!" We exclaimed in suprise as she angelically glided away."
You're welcome," she said with a wink.I turned to say more, but it was too late. She was gone, dutifully cleaning the next table. I looked at Zach, who looked at me. Together we sighed, smiled, and said, in unison, "What incredibly amazingly amazing service. She deserves a raise."At that was that. Though we had never met this woman, she touched us in a way few human beings ever have. God bless you Creamery Grill.
With sincerity and love,
Derek & Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment